[X4U] NeoOffice: is it X or Windows? I see yellow Folders!

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Sat Aug 20 19:00:40 PDT 2005

Hello to the list,

I installed NeoOfficeJ for OSX hoping it could replace AppleWorks or
Office X and I was a shocked when I saw the interface. A pure Windows
product with Windows toolbars, Windows commands like "properties" and
underlined single letters in the words describing the commands. Worst
a purely Windows "yellow folders" hierarchy navigation. Even a yellow
"desktop folder" to save on the dexktop. Am I dreaming or what? I was
expecting so much of this program. I had heard so good reviews about
it. I was told programmers have to follow strict Apple guidelines
concerning the interface. Can someone explain me what happened to me
tonight. I was back from my sister's where both of us battled her
Windows XP to have a CD burned with Real One Player (the one on which
is the NeoOffice dmg) and wow what do I have back home? A program
that continues my misery. AppleWorks 6 doesn't take advantage of
Quartz Extreme for antialiasing fonts, neither Word X, only Text Edit
does it. I noticed that Office 2004 does take advantage of QE for
antialiasing. But to my misery (again) I guess it is back to Office X
for me. Why NeoOfficeJ is so much a copy of OpenOffice?

Thanks and help me sooth my Apple soul

Germain
iMac G5/1.8 mhz/512 ram
Tiger 10.4.2 français