[X4U] Re: NeoOffice: is it X or Windows? I see yellow Folders!

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sun Aug 21 21:08:46 PDT 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 8:28 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

>>  underlined single letters in the words describing the commands
>>

> Apple should do so well to let people access the menus without
> needing to use the mouse!  A major failing of OS X in terms of
> accessibility and ease of use.

Um...how about

control-F1 to enable full keyboard access, then control-F2 to shift
focus to the menubar.  Then simply type the first few letters of the
menu's name, it return, and keep typing letters to select individual
menu selections, until you hit the one you want, then enter/return
again.

Not quite "underlined letters" but there you go:  no mouse.

Michael