[X4U] Re: NeoOffice: is it X or Windows? I see yellow Folders!

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Sun Aug 21 06:28:42 PDT 2005

On Aug 20, 2005, at 10:00 PM, Germain M. wrote:

>  underlined single letters in the words describing the commands

Apple should do so well to let people access the menus without
needing to use the mouse!  A major failing of OS X in terms of
accessibility and ease of use.

> Why NeoOfficeJ is so much a copy of OpenOffice?

Well, it's a port of OpenOffice to OS X, and OpenOffice is designed
to be used by people trying to switch away from Microsoft Office, so
there is a lot of, um, "similarity" in the way it works.

If A is like B and B is like C, then A is like C.

I'm happy with Office 2004.  Not as happy as I was with WordPerfect
for Windows, but much happier with OS X than with Windows.  Life is
full of trade-offs.

TjL