[X4U] OS X on Rev. D iMac - moving user folders

hawkgx at planetkc.com hawkgx at planetkc.com
Fri Aug 26 08:42:32 PDT 2005

Haven't posted for a long time, but I'm hoping this eclectic group will
have some answers for my
problem:

I just bought a dirt-cheap 333mhz Rev. D Blueberry iMac G3 for my kids
(cheapest way I found to
get them upgraded to an OS X capable Mac).  I replaced the original 6GB
drive with a 20GB model. I
had to partition the drive into one >8GB partition + a 2nd partition in
order to install Panther.

Panther's fine so far, except I'm worried about all the User's folders are
on the smaller, system
partition.  It may be okay for awhile, but eventually the kids' files will
start eating away at the
available space on the smaller partition. Anyone know a viable way to have
the kids' home
directories reside on the 2nd, larger partition instead?  I've set up my
user as the admin, so I don't
care if my home directory stays on the 1st partition. I just need to get
the kids' stuff over to the
larger partition.

Any instructions, suggestions or links to info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Randy Clark
--Kansas City__