[X4U] Can't connect to other computers

Allan Rube ¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Fri Aug 26 20:00:03 PDT 2005

I have another Mac and a pc running XP Pro. I have always connected to them
through the Go - Connect to Server command from the menu. The Mac is at
afp://xxx.xxx.x.xxx while the pc is at smb://xxx.xxx.x.xxx.

I haven't tried to connect with either of them in several weeks. Meanwhile,
I have updated to 10.4.2 from 10.4 on both Macs.

I cannot connect to the servers. When I try to connect to the pc I get error
-36 "because some data on smb://xxx.xxx.x.xxx could not be read or written."

When I try to connect to the other Mac, I get "The server may not exist or
it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and
try again."

The IP addresses are correct. The computers are on and attached to the
network. Any ideas why I cannot connect to these servers?

Allan

Nashua, New Hampshire
www.nebirds.com