[X4U] Can't connect to other computers

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sat Aug 27 05:59:02 PDT 2005

At 23:00 -0400 8/26/05, Allan Rube' wrote:
>I haven't tried to connect with either of them in several weeks. Meanwhile,
>I have updated to 10.4.2 from 10.4 on both Macs.

It isn't the answer unless you haven't connected since the 10.4.0 installation. But. . .

Apple deliberately disabled AppleTalk over Ethernet with the introduction of Tiger. That messed up some SMB connections too. I believe SMB was quickly fixed but the disconnect of any Macintoshes running less than OS 8.5 was deliberate and permanent.

You must connect over IP with other Macs.
--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.