[X4U] Sound output misdirection

Domenico Bettinelli lists at bettnet.com
Sat Aug 27 12:43:26 PDT 2005

I have an iMac G5, running OS X 10.4.2. I also have Detour 1.5.4,
Application Enhancer 1.5.1, Audio Hijack Pro 2.5.6 (with Instant Hijack
Server 1.3.1 installed) as well as Soundflower. I also have a Griffin iMic.

My problem is that I can't get Detour to stop detouring certain apps. No
matter what settings show in Detour, all sound for Entourage keeps going out
through the iMic. I've tried uninstalling Detour and even without it
installed, it's still going out through the iMic. I've also tried
re-installing and then excluding Entourage in the APE Detour Exclude list.
Still doesn't work.

Apparently, it's not just Entourage, but any program that I had Detoured out
the iMic, including Safari. Right now  the Detour application list just has
the two defaults listed, but it's still redirecting sound for other apps.

I've tried uninstalling Detour, deleting preferences, and restarting but
that didn't work. I then uninstalled Soundflower and disconnected the iMic
and restarted, but that didn't work.  I disabled Instant Hijack Server in
APE, but that didn't work. Even switching to a fresh user account doesn't
affect it; the sound output is still diverted. I'm at my wit's end.

I contacted Rogue Amoeba and they said that if I uninstalled Detour and it's
still happening, then it's not Detour. But I don't know what else could be
causing the problem.

--
Domenico Bettinelli, Jr.<mailto:dom at bettnet.com><http://www.bettnet.com/>
The Bettnet blog <http://bettnet.dyndns.org/blog/weblog.php>