[X4U] connecting to hotel wireless network

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Mon Aug 29 09:25:06 PDT 2005

And my experience has been that sometimes with DHCP -- which would certainly be the proper setting for this -- that you need to have DHCP choose its own servers by NOT having any DNS numbers listed in the optional DNS number field.

Rick Gordon

On 8/28/05 at 8:31 AM -0700, Jim Warthman wrote in a message entitled
"Re: [X4U] connecting to hotel wireless network":

>I just got back from a trip, and had a similar experience in the hotel.
>
>Then, in the TCP tab, I set Configure IPv4 for "Using DHCP". Last but not least, I had to provide addresses to my DNS Servers, because for some reason the hotel's DHCP server did not. Your Father can probably use the same DNS Server addresses that work for him at home - they don't need to be specific to the hotel.

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING