[X4U] Using a Plasma Display with my mac

Andrew T. Lynch atlynch at mac.com
Tue Aug 30 10:08:17 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,
   I am trying to use my Panasonic TH-50px50u with my mac.  It does
not have a VGA style connection, but does have an HDMI connection.
When I connect with a DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adapter, I can get
1280x720 resolution, which is scaled in the set to 1366x768,
resulting in a soft image with some artifacts.  I would like to be
able to connect at the native resolution.

Currently, I have three possible video sources:

1) Radeon 9650 in a Powermac Dual 2.7Ghz Running 10.4.2
2) Radeon 9200 Mac Edition (PCI) in the same powermac
3) Radeon Mobility 9000 in a 1Ghz TiBook

Is there any way to get any of these to drive the plasma at native
resolution?
One other option is to return the 50px50u and upgrade to a 50px500u
which has a VGA or "PC" input.  The input claims to support the
native resolution. Might this help?

-Drew