[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 12, Issue 50

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 14:44:33 PDT 2005

> Try going to the "Mailbox" menu item & choosing "Rebuild".

Thanks for the info. I have rebuilt the IMAP mailbox, now I will have
to see whether the erratic difficulty in seeing what mail is
available on the server has been cured.

> If this
> doesn't work, create a new IMAP account with the same server settings
> as your original one, then delete the original. This is much faster if
> you're on the same LAN as the server.
>
> Stroller.

I tried this but as I was entering the data, Mail noted that this was
the same as on my pre-existing account and wouldn't let me create the
new one.  Also I am worried I might lose my stored mail if I delete
an account.

mike