[X4U] advice about suspicious disk

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Dec 1 07:02:15 PST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 4:13 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> Back to the GUI, "Repair Permissions" appears to fix some bad
> permissions, but rerunning it three times we get the same bad
> permissions reports (and the same message claiming that they have
> been repaired, which a subsequent run disproves).
>
> What do you think? Should I buy DiskWarrior? Can I try something
> before?

I'd start with "Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X"
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106712> . In
particular, check the "erroneous message" link and the "Related
documents" linked at the bottom. There are some 'errors" that will
continuously be reported and can't really be fixed because they're
not really a problem.

-Mike