[X4U] Disk Utility Problem...

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Sat Dec 3 11:56:00 PST 2005

I have a small disk utility problem.

 I have 2 systems on separate partitions
-  partition 1 = 10.4.3
-  partition 2 =  Panther 10.3.9
 I want to keep this set up like this for now.

-  from  Tiger - using partition 1 - I am unable to click the button =
repair disk for partition 2

 error = " repairing disk failed with the error - could not unmount disk"

 I have a feeling that somehow there must be some alias related links that
are somehow active between the two partitions ( read below...)

-  I know that I can boot up with the installer disk - and run repair disk
from there -  But I would like to fix this error somehow...

* Question: How can I fix this error? ( an absolute last resort would be to
reinstall a clean copy ... Only if all else fails...)

* history information: originally - I had Panther 10.3.9 on partition one
and did a carbon copy cloner to partition 2 ( As a backup). Then - I
upgraded partition one to the latest tiger 10.4.3

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com
[db-lists]