[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 16, Issue 8

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 11:22:55 PST 2005

>Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:23:15 -0600
>From: net kat <netkat at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [X4U] OK to keep passwords in Keychain?
>To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
>	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>OK..now, if I change a computer's password, do I need to be offline
>just for extra security WHILE I enter the new code?

It would only make a difference if you have already been compromised
with some keylogger or similar. If you have been (and no-one has
found one for OS X yet) then you would have to fix that first - then
it wouldn't matter.

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk