[X4U] Re: Passwords in Keychains (Keylogger info)

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 12:21:50 PST 2005

On 12/4/05 1:22 PM, David Ledger wrote:

> It would only make a difference if you have already been compromised
> with some keylogger or similar. If you have been (and no-one has
> found one for OS X yet) then you would have to fix that first - then
> it wouldn't matter.

Spector will take snapshots that act as a keylogger.
<http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/Spector_Macintosh/index.html>

Others identified by MacScan include:

TextTrap, SuperSave, Peeping Tom, Mac Life Insurance, Invisible Oasis/Last
Resort, KeyStroke Recorder, TypeSaver, TypeRecorder, Monitorer/Keystroke
Recorder X, Keyboard Spy, and Keyboard and Mouse Recorder.

I don't know whether all of these are alive and well for *all* flavors of OS
X, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "no one has found one for OS X yet".

Best,
Linda