[X4U] How do I import keyboard maps from OS 9 or create new ones?

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 5 05:17:00 PST 2005

I had a keyboard resource file in OS 9 and before that let me use simple key combinations to type various non-ASCII characters like accented vowels. (At this point I don't remember what the resource was called, though I could probably figure it out with a little time and effort.) I'd like to know how such information is stored in OS X so that I can recreate similar functionality here.

And if there's a way to directly import the relevant resourse file into OS X, I'd like to know.

 - Aaron