[X4U] disappearing .mac email

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Dec 8 06:20:15 PST 2005

Hi All,

I usually use Mail for all my email communications between my various
email addresses. But last night I was at a friends house and checked my
.Mac mail account online in a web browser for a message I was
expecting. I've done this many times before without a problem. But last
night I decided for the first time to Reply to a message through .Mac.
I started writing a long reply when I got distracted and had to leave
the computer. When I came back there was a message saying that because
of inactivity my session would close in 5 minutes unless I clicked OK.
I clicked OK and the warning went away. I proceeded to finish my letter
and pressed Send. It came up with a few spelling mistakes which I fixed
and then pressed send again. I though everything was good but this
morning I get another email from the recipient asking for a reply to
his message. Confused I log onto my .Mac account and all the mail
boxes. The reply I wrote last night is nowhere to be found. It's as if
I never wrote/sent it. Did I do something wrong? Did my period of
inactivity cause a problem?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com