[X4U] disappearing .mac email

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Thu Dec 8 08:08:10 PST 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 9:20 AM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> <snip> When I came back there was a message saying that because of
> inactivity my session would close in 5 minutes unless I clicked OK.
> I clicked OK and the warning went away. I proceeded to finish my
> letter and pressed Send. It came up with a few spelling mistakes
> which I fixed and then pressed send again. I though everything was
> good but this morning I get another email from the recipient asking
> for a reply to his message. Confused I log onto my .Mac account and
> all the mail boxes. The reply I wrote last night is nowhere to be
> found. It's as if I never wrote/sent it. Did I do something wrong?
> Did my period of inactivity cause a problem?
>
> Mark Des Cotes
Mark: my guess is that the .Mac session had timed out before you
returned. So you weren't really signed in when you sent it.

Best thing to have done would have been to sign back in and then send.

Jeff
Carruthers Communications           Tel: 613-278-0390
R.R. 1, 678 2nd Concession N Sherbrooke  cell: 613-720-2350
McDonalds Corners, ON K0G 1M0           Fax: 613-278-2929
www.carruthers.com                          e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com