[X4U] Re: Parental control software for Mac?

TjL lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Dec 9 15:58:09 PST 2005

...... Original Message .......
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:22:59 -0500 "Brenda Mitchell"
<bmitchell at databanque.net> wrote:
>Think more like an "amber alert" file. These parents do not intend to
routinely "spy" on their teens - but feel a responsibility to occasionally
"check in."

Spying is spying regardless of frequency or reasoning.

I'm not arguing against your (or the OP's) freedom to do this, but let's
call it what it is.

It's not parental control or an amber alert.  It's covertly monitoring.
Parental controls are meant to prevent kids from doing something.  Amber
Alerts are issued after something has happened.

Monitoring says "I want to know what they have been up to."

Politics aside:
If you have a router they will often let you monitor Hostnames which have
been visited.

I don't know of any keylogging/screenshot taking software for Mac.

There is no way to hide an application in OSX like there is in Windows.
This is one of the reasons it is a more secure OS.  Even if you could load
software on the computer it could be spotted fairly easily.