[X4U] Save my marriage!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 13 10:45:31 PST 2005

At 6:28 AM -0800 12/13/05, Jim Robertson wrote:
>2. We didn't get far enough into the demo of the sewing machine to discuss
>what can be done with an attached personal computer, but the software
>apparently is Windows-only, the Husqvarna company ships the software on 3.5
>inch floppies, AND uses a hardware dongle for license verification. Does
>anyone know whether this is beyond the ken of Virtual PC and a USB floppy
>drive?

Simply put, it might work, but if it does, it probably won't work
well.  My Mom has a Pfaff, and has never gotten it working well.  In
her case the problem with the older software is the serial
connection, and her old iBook doesn't even remotely come close to
having the spec's to run the newer software.  If you're spending
$5,000 on a sewing machine, consider spending a small amount more for
a PC that is only used to control the sewing machine.

		Zane