[X4U] Vertical iPhoto icons

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Dec 14 13:03:46 PST 2005

Does anybody know why iPhoto won¹t make icons for vertical photos and if I
can make it do that? I hate copying photos out of it and having to make
icons for the vertical pics. Why on earth couldn¹t Apple make this app do
that? Is there any good reason why iPhoto replaces perfectly good photo
icons both of my digital cameras make for vertical pictures and replaces
them with the generic .jog icon? Especially when it handles horizontal icons
just fine. If I drag the photos from my camera instead of using iPhoto it
preserves vertical picture icons but not if I use iPhoto.

Just another pet peeve with this often annoying software.

Cheers

Richard