[X4U] QuickTime 7.0.3 not playing complete clip

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Dec 16 01:59:30 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 08:32:35AM CST, Michael Winter <winter at mac.com> wrote:
: On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Eugene wrote:
: >On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:14:43AM CST, kp <phlbrck at gmail.com> wrote:
: >:
: >: They all play normally with VLC, but the question remains what
: >: QT control do I have set improperly?
: >
: >It's not you.  Or QuickTime.  The problem is that the larger
: >MPEG file is not encoded correctly.  QuickTime sticks with the
: >spec and so does not play the file to "completion".  VLC Player
: >tolerates these kinds of problems and will play the corrupted
: >MPEG file in its entirety.
:
: Running them through MPEG Streamclip has always fixed the problem for
: me (find at the usual download sites). Open up the offending clip in
: MPEG Streamclip, and tell it to "Fix Timecode Breaks" (bottom of file
: menu). It may even warn you about the problem when you first open the
: clip.

Thanks Mike!  I've been looking for an OS X tool that does a
one-shop-stop solution that can fix the corrupted timecodes.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/