[X4U] OT - iPhoto book (double billed)

Jon Marett jmarett at mac.com
Thu Dec 15 15:32:08 PST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> Sorry to post with another OT iPhoto issue, but I'm pulling my hair
> out on this one.
>
> Two days ago,, I purchased an iPhoto book.  Right before doing so,
> I changed my one-click card info.  Upon checking my bank statements
> today, it seems that BOTH cards were charged the full price of the
> book.  Needless to say, I only ordered one book, and am not
> thrilled about dropping an extra $70 on this, nor do I have a use
> for 2 books chronicling the construction of my in-laws summer cottage.
>
> I would seem that this could be resolved with a simple phone call
> or email, but I can find absolutely no info for Apple's iPhoto
> support.  I have found a link or two, but they always lead to pages
> with FAQs and no contact info.
>
> I'm sure that I must be missing something...any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Samantha

I had a similar issue with an attempt to order my first book through
iPhoto. After completing the entire process (including uploading the
files) I received a 'communications error' and the order was never
officially put through. I tried again with no luck. Later when I was
checking my bank account online I saw two pending debits for the book
I was never able to order. I attempted to call Apple but was told by
the person I reached that they didn't handle any iPhoto issues and
referred me to the iPhoto support pages. I submitted a request from
<http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto/customerservice/shipping/> and
received the following response from the iPhoto Team:

'iPhoto service places an pre-authorization on your card to verify
your information before we process your order. While automated pre-
approvals can be seen on your online statement, pre-authorizations
will not appear on your credit card statement and are typically
removed from your account within 24 to 48 hours, depending on your
bank's policies. You may wish to contact your financial institution
to confirm this information. Please place a new order at your
convenience.'

I hope this helps.

jon

"Be the change that you want to see in the world."
-Mohandas Gandhi