[X4U] Virtual PC question

Jerry K mac2 at oryx.cc
Sun Dec 18 09:47:42 PST 2005

My ti/500 died last week, and my boss has agreed to purchase me a new
1.67/G4 Powerbook to replace it.  I had kind of hoped that it would hold
out till Apple had released the intel based Powerbooks, so that I could
dual boot between Solaris x86 and Mac OS X, but that didn't happen.

As I am going to get a new system with a PowerPC chip, I believe that
Virtual PC is my "Plan B" to have a laptop that I can share between Mac
OS X and Solaris 10 x86.

My question is, is there anyone already doing this that can provide any
hints or helpful tips?  I already own an old copy of Virtual PC 6.x that
I never really used.  Should I try to use this, or will I be better off
with the new Virtual PC 7.x from micro$oft???

TIA for any tips or pointers,

Jerry K

cross posted to the ti list