[X4U] HomePage, dot-Mac

Mark markg5 at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 18 23:11:08 PST 2005

On 19/12/05 02:31, "Jim Robertson" <jamesrob at sonic.net> wrote:

> The biggie, however, is I'd like to be able to have visitors see just this
> year's web pages with no links to last year's site. Is that do-able?

It's too late for this now, but ...
In my opinion Homepage is a bit clunky. With a bit of effort and time to
learn new stuff I found the way forward was to get a dedicated web creation
package (I currently use Macromedia Studio 8 - but I managed to get
educational discount!) - NOT MS WORD!!!!!!! Once you have designed your site
(and it does get easier with experience) upload it to the sites folder of
.Mac, and hey presto! Job's a good'un. You need to be careful with the
naming ... I always call the "homepage" index.html so for a site called
holiday2k5 (in a folder of the same name in Sites) you would need to send
the address

"homepage.mac.com/YourUserName/holiday2k5"

Not what you wanted, I suppose ... But I hope it has given food for thought