[X4U] Re: OT - Secure Web Page Validation Problem

TjL lists at tntluoma.com
Mon Dec 19 06:44:59 PST 2005

...... Original Message .......
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:15:37 -0600 "Eugene" <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net>
wrote:
>Yep, that worked.  The Content-Type is coming back as text/html
>as it should.  The problem was likely with ".shtml" (which was
>not only unneccesary, but also only works on web servers with
>that feature enabled).  Still, your ISP is still run by morons.
>They should have realized the problem within a minute of you
>reporting the issue.

Agreed.   I knew what it was as soon as I read it.  This is a MIME type
issue at the server.  They just haven't mucked up the server config for
.shtml.

It should be fine now.

BTW if you ever need to validate a secure page, try Opera.  It will let you
upload validate the page (any page!) simply by right/ctrl clicking and
choose "validate" (there's also a keystroke but I don't remember what it is
ATM and I'm not at my Mac)

TjL