[X4U] Error code help

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 19:33:19 PST 2005

On 12/20/05 10:23 AM, Nick Scalise wrote:

>> I have G4-450 DP running 10.2.6. I ran Disk Utility and Disk Warrior and

> Do you have DiskWarrior?

I believe he said he ran DiskWarrior.

I have used DiskWarrior successfully to fix a Keys Out Of Order message on a
G4 dual 800; however, I know that it doesn't work every time. Can you try to
run the software again? Sometimes it helps to alternate, and "pick" at the
problems one by one.

How did suddenly both disks go bad? Did you have a power surge, or drop the
computer, or some such?

Are you running OS X or OS 9 on these disks? Your G4 is a dual boot; can you
boot in OS 9 successfully? If so, you might be able to back up work from
Disk 1. You might also be able to run DiskWarrior in OS 9 and get the Keys
message fixed... and while you're there, you might try Disk First Aid, too.

You might also try to download a demo of DataRescue (prosofteng.com) -- it's
mostly for disks that have lost their mount point and won't mount, but you
might have some success getting data off the disks before you throw them in
the dumpster.

-Linda