[X4U] Piano replacement via (wireless) Garageband. M-Audio Keystation 88es.

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 09:05:46 PST 2005

On 12/21/05 3:34 AM, B. Kuestner <kuestner at macnews.de> wrote:

> - One thing I am concerned about: I could not find documentation that
> Airport Express works with Garageband, too, and not just with iTunes.
> Could somebody with Garageband and Airport Express confirm that I can
> stream live audio to my stereo this way?

No, the Airport Express is only designed to stream audio from iTunes. This
is a limitation Apple imposed that has been criticized since the product
launched and yet remains unchanged.

There is a $20 shareware product called Airfoil that should accomplish what
you want. I haven't personally used it.

Eddie Hargreaves