[X4U] Archiving files on 10.3 - resource forks?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Dec 24 01:24:24 PST 2005

I know this has been covered before and that I could Google it in
minutes.... but I'm sure it's such an easy question that someone here
can answer it in seconds.

I'm _finally_ ready to migrate my desktop machine to Tiger... what's
the best way to back up my homedir so that all the resource-forky
[goodness|nonesense] is retained? Does "create an archive" preserve
them? I think this feature is added to tar only in 10.4??
The final way I can think of is for me to make a sparse image & copy
all files to that. Any suggestions?

Stroller.