[X4U] burning audio CD

Michael Peterson mapeterson42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:36:47 PST 2005

On Dec 28, 2005, at 6:32 PM, Chris Beamis wrote:

> iTunes preferences, then try burning again."  So I click OK then
> checked the burning pane in ITunes preferences.  I clicked on
> ITunes:Preferences:Advanced:Burning.  It says Preferred speed is
> maximum possible, which I already knew since I've always left it
> there.  I've never had trouble before and nothing has changed
> except for routine software updates.  The CD says imation 10X-24X
> CD-RW 74MIN/650MB.  The playlist I'm trying to burn says 402.7MB.
> I've tried setting the speed preference lower and tried different
> CDs, all with the same result.
>
> What went wrong?  Should I shell out for the latest OS?

IMO going to Tiger isn't going to help because it doesn't sound like a
software issue.

You are not clear with your statement as to whether the different CDs
are different CDs from the same batch of CDs or whether they are a
different brand, etc.  I've run into instances where a whole batch of
CDs that I had bought acted up for whatever reason.

Also you mention that you reduced the speed, but how far down did you
go?  Did you try 10x?

Have you tried cleaning the drive?  (There are a bunch of different
cleaners out there)