[X4U] QuickTime Codecs

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 29 13:52:08 PST 2005

Having just reinstalled the o/s on my Mac I went to open a video file
the other day & of course it failed.

Helpfully Quicktime suggested I might get the codec from http://
www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html but all these links
are to the main page for each codec - for each one I then have to
find the downloads page & follow a different set of installation
instructions.

Can anyone suggest a better way? I'm sure that for Windows I've seen
bundles of codecs repackaged with a single installer, but a quick
Google didn't reveal anything similar for Mac OS. I know I can play
lots of stuff in VLC, but I really like Quicktime's interface & the
way it'll open two movie windows at once & stuff.

Stroller.