[X4U] De-compiling shockwave flash files.

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 29 14:13:11 PST 2005

I want to extract some video from a Shockwave Flash (.SWF) file.... a
little Googling reveals they're "containers" and that lots of other
content can be stored within them.

I see loads & loads of demo or shareware "decompilers" for windows
which will allow the video &c to be extracted from a .swf but nothing
for Mac. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

To be honest, I have a PC here I could run the extraction on, or
could do it under Linux, the important thing is that the software be
free & unrestricted or preferable just Free or OSS. It's not an
important job, so I'd rather not pay money for something I only want
to use once.

Stroller.