[X4U] Safari does not access keychain

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 2 18:24:17 PST 2005

On 2/2/05 12:43 PM, Jim Freeman <jpfreeman at mac.com> wrote:

> I have been struggling with this for a long time. I have two banking
> sites that Safari will not autofill.

There is an HTML flag (autofill=off, I think) which tells the browser that
it is not supposed to allow autofill on that particular page. Many banking
sites use that code in order to prevent those who use public computers from
having their accounts accessed by those who walk up and use autofill. Safari
started honoring that code after one of its updates. I find it particularly
annoying, since my computers are not public and I would like to make the
choice myself. But it's probably better to complain to the banking sites
than Apple.

Eddie Hargreaves