[X4U] Powerbook G4

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 3 00:22:20 PST 2005

Dominic Ibarra said:

>What are everone's thoughts on the new Powerbooks? I have to purchase a
>computer this week or I loose my company allowance. I had been
>considering...a PC! until these new Powerbooks came out to save the
>day. Does this delay G5 iterations or add to the rumors?

According to the news stories I read today, the current G5 processor
isn't suitable for laptop use.  While it has very nice energy saving
capabilities built-in, it's too big and it runs too hot.  Apple will have
to wait for IBM to come up with a G5 chip that is smaller and which runs
cooler. (And supposedly IBM is working hard on exactly such a chip.) Most
of the articles seem to think that we won't see a G5 Powerbook until 2006.

However, I really don't see what all the fuss is about.  My 12-inch G4
PowerBook is a jewel.  It's plenty powerful, full featured, and
marvelously portible.  And now all of the PowerBooks are faster.  What's
not to like?

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html