[X4U] Weird hard drive Copy Issue

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 18:59:33 PST 2005

On 2/3/05 5:57 PM, revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

> Q:  so - is everybody happy with 10.3.7? -  Is it safe to upgrade at this
> point? ( I was under the impression that there were certain problems
> especially related towards FireWire in  10.3.6 and also 10.3.7 -  but maybe
> I was wrong...?)

I experienced FireWire problems with 10.3.7. Specifically, I had a bootable
backup of my 10.3.6 system. When I overwrote that with my 10.3.7 system, the
backup was no longer bootable. I've since solved that problem thanks to
members of a different OS X list.

I have also experienced slow boot times with 10.3.6 and 10.3.7. It takes me
nearly two minutes from chime to operating mode on my 600MHz G3 iBook and it
little more than a minute previously. The slowdown occurs after the Welcome
to OS X screen has disappeared and before the menulets have appeared. This
is with autologin turned on and startup items disabled.

Eddie Hargreaves