[X4U] Weird hard drive Copy Issue

Roger Zimmermann rogerz at fastermac.net
Thu Feb 3 19:38:15 PST 2005

Eddie,

Exactly the same problem here regarding the slow login time with my 700
Mhz ibook.  Based on the number of posts on MacFixit and the Apple
Discussion forums, this is not an isolated problem.  I have not had an
opportunity to tabulate the posts by machine types but this is
certainly an issue that causes problems with 600 and 700 Mhz iBooks.

I have a graphite airport that I use to connect to my ISP via its
modem.  A partial workaround for me was to go into the network
preference panel and select Airport.  Then choose "By default join A
Specific Network" but leave the network name blank.  This helps but
still does not achieve the sub one minute startups that were the norm
with 10.3.5 and earlier software versions.

Roger