[X4U] 1 DIMM

Peter Payne peter2 at jlist.com
Fri Feb 4 22:34:24 PST 2005

>That for most products.  Petrol is more than 200%.  Taxes on wages
>are more than 50%, but our health care is cheap.  A stay in a
>hospital doesn't cost you an arm or a leg, unless the doctor has to
>cut it :)

But at least unemployment is low, right?

Just kidding ^_^

I'm an American living in Japan for the past 13 years. All in all,
Japan is closer to the U.S. tax-wise, e.g. if you work hard you can
enjoy the benefits of what you create, while ensuring a pretty good
safety net, free health care for kids and elderly. Sales tax is 5%
here, which everyone thinks is high, which makes me laugh to myself.
Tax is always included in the price here, as of last year.
--
J-LIST http://www.jlist.com

Interested in my life in Japan? See the Peter Payne homepage at
http://www.peterpayne.net/