[X4U] Powerbook G4

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Feb 5 14:45:52 PST 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 2:35 pm, Robert Ameeti wrote:
><Randy B. Singer said>
>
>>What's not to like?
>
>Obviously, you are not a progressive thinker. I fully understand why this user is anxious for a G5 PowerBook, but for me, I'm going to wait until Apple comes out with a real PowerBook. One that has the dual processors. If Apple can put them in the desktop, why shouldn't we have them in our PowerBooks. Why is Jobs holding us back from a worthwhile upgrade?

Sorry for that post. It was meant sarcastically and should not have been posted.

It just gets my goat that all so often, because an item exists, it is often sought for, regardless of its need or appropriateness. Because a G5 exists, because dual processors exist, it is all too often thought that it might belong in every product. PowerBooks are not desktops. Consumer computers are not business computers. Everything in its time, and where necessary.

Even the regular post to the list asking when something might appear is a fruitless question. No on on this list has any real inside information. This list should be for facts, not opinions. Mine included. :-)

i.e.
Even if you could have everything that you wanted, where would you put it all?
--

Robert Ameeti

Behind every argument is someone's ignorance.