[X4U] Re: External FireWire Cases

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Wed Feb 9 16:26:39 PST 2005

I have two different enclosures, one with an internal fan and power supply,
and one without the fan or internal power supply. The former can keep the
drive cooler, which *should* increase the life of the drive. The other is a
little more compact, even with the external power supply, but the drive gets
pretty hot, which *should* decrease the life of the drive.

And, for what it's worth, if a device is made to the FW standard, it should
work with your Mac. Or PC. Or any other device that supports IEEE 1934
standards.