[X4U] External FireWire Cases

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Feb 9 17:00:08 PST 2005

KJS said:

>> Question: does anyone have any particular preferences for external FireWire
>> 400 enclosures? Any good brands - URL'S etc.
>
>I've just received and installed a drive in this one:
>Argosy $38
>http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=c:36232;p:10500933
>
>Randy Singer recommended it (Thanks, Randy).
>
>Working well, so far.

That case is, at the same time, the highest quality case that I've seen,
yet it is also one of the least expensive that I've seen.

It has an aluminum body which acts as a heat sink (which means that there
is no need for a fan and no fan noise), and which muffles the sound of
the internal mechanism better than plactic, which gives you a very quite
external drive.

I've recommended this case to a large number of folks and no one has had
anything but praise for it yet...

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html