[X4U] Mac OS X 10.3.8 Update is out!

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Thu Feb 10 06:26:41 PST 2005

On 10 Feb, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Stephen Mackenzie wrote:

> Did the delta update.
>
> Good things:
>
> 1. Update worked.
> 2. Login much faster now. (I have quite a lot of fonts).
> 3. Little dodgy bits of corrupt graphics on screen (eg scrolling in
> Safari, quicksilver notification thingey, seem to be fixed.)
>
> Bad thing:
>
> 1. uControl control panel thingey broken by the update; which I use
> for the virtual scrollpad... I guess it's the new trackpad drivers,
> not that there's any sign of two fingered scrolling on this 2002
> ibook! Two fingers in the direction of Apple for that one--that's just
> mean.
>
> SM.

The new trackpads are a combination of new drivers and new trackpads,
so you won't be able to use two fingered scrolling anyways.

Also, you shouldn't be surprised that a system hack, which uControl is,
was broken by a system update.  I'm sure the writers of the software
will have an update soon enough though.

-Neil

-Neil Cadsawan

Solution Architect