[X4U] OSX System/Carbon Copy Cloner question

Sam kahuna2 at fast.net
Sat Feb 12 05:29:38 PST 2005

I used Carbon Copy Cloner to transfer the 10.3.7 OS and apps from a Blue
G3/400 to a Quicksilver G4. Seems to run fine; very well, actually.

My question: Does OS X do a "universal" install? That is, does the 10.3.7 OS
installed from scratch on the Blue G3 contain all drivers, etc. for the G4
hardware? Or do I need to reinstall and update the OS on the G4 via an
archive and install to make sure it has the proper OS setup?

Thanks -
Sam