[X4U] Acrobat Annoyances - Multiple "open with" entries.

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 16:15:02 PST 2005

On Feb 14, 2005, at 3:31 am, Stroller wrote:

>> On both my Macs when I right-click on a PDF and go to the "open with"
>> section I get multiple entries for Adobe's Acrobat apps, as shown in
>> <http://mac.stroller.uk.eu.org/PDF%20Problem.png>.
>>
>> Is it just me that gets this, or have other list members experienced
>> it, too?

IIRC, LaunchServices registers your applications and its database may have
multiple entries of the same application. Follow these steps and see if
that fixes your problem.

Remove these files, then restart the computer:

 /Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.LocalCache.csstore
 ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.UserCache.csstore
 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist