[X4U] Tivo desktop 1.9

Lars Bertelsen lbe at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 13:39:20 PST 2005

>Since my Tivo updated to TivoToGo (I have a
>hidden above my cupboard so I wanted the update)
>and upgrading to  Tivo Desktop 1.9  on my Mac,
>I've been unable to Start the Tivo Server from
>System Preferences.  You hit START and it
>immediatedly fails.  In the Console log I see:
>
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: push
>   at com.apple.cocoa.foundation.NSAutoreleasePool.push(Native Method)
>   at com.tivo.server.TiVoDesktop.main(TiVoDesktop.java:36)
>TiVoDesktop: can't launch TiVoDesktop!
>
>I _Think_ it worked once when I first upgraded, but I can't swear to it now.
>Anyone know anything about this... hopefully a fix.  I'm drawing a blank.
>-Adrian

OK, what it is saying is that something bad
happened _outside_ of the java environment as
such, I believe.

With this kind of error, I'd suspect that the
Java app is calling a function in a compiled
library (what the windows people know as a dll)
and not finding it.
So either you need to add the library to your
path, or you have a version-incompatibility of
some kind.

Maybe this is enough for you to start making good
guesses; if not, you really need to contact the
developer's tech. support. They should be able to
help based on the error message above.

Lars Bertelsen
Systems Developer

--