[X4U] Re: best book on panther

DG Hagey dghagey at mycybernet.net
Fri Feb 18 12:25:20 PST 2005

>> What's the best book on Panther?
>
> Who are you? A Mac OS 9 user who wants to know how to adapt to Mac OS
> X?
>
> An experienced OS X user who wants to get into the internals of the
> Terminal?
>
> A newby OS X user who wants to read the 'Missing Manual'?
>
> A Windows user who wants to know where the Network Connections Control
> Panel can be found?

I was an OS 9 user for 5 years before switching to Jaguar a year ago. I
just upgraded to Panther before Christmas and realize that there is a
lot that I'd like to learn about the OS. I don't even understand what
the Terminal is, let alone know how to use it yet. It looks like David
Pogue's Missing Manual is recommended most, is this a good place to
start?

dg