[X4U] iBook unresponsive when lid opens

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Wed Feb 23 05:18:09 PST 2005

My wife has a brand new iBook 14''. When she arrives at home she takes
the slept laptop from the bag and with the lid still closed plugs the
adapter for the CRT monitor, and the USB cordless receiver of a
Logitech mouse. Normally Word (from Office X) is always running.

Now and then but now always, when she opens the iBook the desktop shows
for a couple of seconds, and then the screen turns black. When that
happens there's seems to be no way to recover the Mac except
hard-reseting it. Panther is up-to-date (well, I have yet to install
yesterday's update).

Does that ring any bell?

-- fxn