[X4U] 10.3 Sharing weirdness

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 27 12:14:33 PST 2005

I have a client with three workstations, all running 10.3.8. Each
machine has sharing turned on and they often link to each other to
share files. There is no dedicated server (yet).

As of yesterday morning one of the machines (lets call it machine B)
is acting very peculiar. If machines A and C are already on when
machine B is started, machine B displays dialogue boxes about "trying
to contact machine A / C". If machines A and C are off when machine B
is started, machine B starts normally and doesn't display these
dialogue boxes.

I"ve spent some time with them on the 'phone and they assure me that
there are no entries in machine B's, System Preferences -> Accounts
-> Startup Items. I also got them to remove any favourites from the
"connect to server" dialogue box.

Any of ideas as to where residual information might lie?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198