[X4U] 10.3 Sharing weirdness

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 27 13:10:28 PST 2005

At 13:49 -0700 27/2/05, Doug McNutt wrote:
>At 07:14 +1100 2/28/05, Mark Gibson wrote:
>>As of yesterday morning one of the machines (lets call it machine
>>B) is acting very peculiar. If machines A and C are already on when
>>machine B is started, machine B displays dialogue boxes about
>>"trying to contact machine A / C".
>
>Back in classic the AppleShare Chooser plugin used to offer a check
>box for "if checked the item will be automatically opened at
>startup". There is probably something similar in OS neXt. <snip>
>
>--

Doug,

Hence my asking them to check System Preferences -> Accounts ->
Startup Items which is the equivalent of the "AppleShare Preferences"
file in pre X days.

I'm going in there today so hopefully we can sought it out.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity.         --Harlan Ellison