[X4U] Move this ?

Bernard Munter bernard at susanmunter.com
Mon Jan 3 21:58:59 PST 2005

On 4/1/2005 1428, "Brett Conlon" <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> Just a note on Spring loaded folders.... I have found on many different
> machines that the final copy often doesn't work.
>
> For example, I drag a file to a folder and press the space bar to open it,
> I then choose another folder and drill down several levels. When I get to
> the destination folder and let go of the mouse the copy doesn't happen.
> Luckily the destination folder is still open but I'm forced to drag the
> file to the folder again and the copy completes without a hitch.
>
> Anyone else found this?

Yes, although I don't use the space bar. Sometimes it seems like a timing
(hand/eye coordination, letting go the button) kind of thing. If I hear the
heads rattle I usually know it's worked. In my case the destination folder's
closed before I realise it hasn't worked.

I suspect that if I hesitate over the destination folder before letting go,
it doesn't work.