[X4U] Re: Skype

invicta invicta at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 12:01:25 PST 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 17:24, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 07:59:33 -0500
> From: Peter Apockotos <mastermacchief at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: Skype
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> My experiences with Skype have been hit or miss.  I use it on my G3
> iBook 600 Mhz with 640MB. And I get better results when other apps are
> not running.  One of these days I will try it on my G4 DP.
>
> On Dec 25, 2004, at 7:51 PM, George Harvey wrote:
>
>> I have used Skype with a Mac G4 and a G5 both running OS X 10.3.6. I
>> have called to several states, including Hawaii, and have made calls
>> to Asian locations. My wife uses it daily with a headset. I use it by
>> just plugging in a pair of old high-quality headphones to the
>> microphone input, and listening over my audio system connected to the
>> audio output of the Mac. The sound quality is really excellent. The
>> people I have called say that the sound quality that they receive is
>> very good, very clear. I have tried to use Skype to Skype, but have
>> not yet found anyone available. Skype is definitely worth having.
>>
>> George Harvey
>>

>> On 12/24/04, invicta wrote:
>>> Has anybody had any experience with Skype and using both versions ?

Got it going now on my 17" AL PB and it is fabulous. Using a Jabra BT
250 which gives me great freedom. The range is limited to about about 4
- 5 meters but that is enough to move around in my den. If the range is
too limited. I just pickup my PB and move around in the house on WiFi.
Great inventions.

Greetings, Andre.