[X4U] Macs in movies and TV...

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed Jan 5 12:47:40 PST 2005

Hi all,

I figured if anyone would know it would be the people on this list.

I was watching TV at a friends house the other day and during a
commercial (can't remember for what) I pointed out an imac in the
background. Later that same evening while we were flipping channels I
pointed out a PowerBook (I think is was on CSI). My friend (PC guy),
knowing I was a Mac user, asked me why most of the computers shown on
TV and in Movies (and other media for that matter), even if they're in
the background and not being used, are Macs. Honestly, I didn't have an
answer. Is Apple paying for all this product placement? Even my local
Sears store has cardboard iMacs set up on the desks in their furniture
showroom.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com